Monday, January 24, 2011

Often the two, wisdom and knowledge are interchanged or confused. Knowledge is not wisdom per se but can be of course. That is, if I know a football player’s statistics or the rate at which my car burns gas – that is knowledge. However, wisdom tends to provide timeless insight. There is no shortage of wisdom. In fact if you’ve been reading this blog long enough you’ve probably come to recognize I’m a big fan. Just to give you a little flavor, here are a few;

“A man begins cutting his wisdom teeth the first time he bites off more than he can chew.” ~Herb Caen

“It I had six hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend the first four hours sharpening the axe.” ~Abraham Lincoln

“Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” ~R.W. Emerson

And to underscore the difference between the two, consider this classic Chinese proverb, “A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study.”

No comments:

Post a Comment